Photo of Magda Amer from BBC
Resources for Arabic Literature & Culture
- Qifa Nabki by Elias Muhanna
- Hakawati by Arab Cultural Trust
- Arabic Literature in English by M. Lynx Qualey
- Samandal for Arabic Graphic Novels – featured in a special exhibition here in Rhode Island in 2015
- Tuk Tuk for (Egyptian) Arabic comic book – see here for more graphic novels / comics
- Kharabeesh for comedy (focused on Egypt, post-Arab Spring) and social criticism
- Arab Women Writers
- Magazine for contemporary Arabic literature translated to English: Banipal
- Journal: Journal of Arabic Literature
- Journal: Middle Eastern Literatures
Note: Manuscript photo from l-Jaami‘ l-Kbiir of Meknes, Morocco.
For more on the role of literature in Arab society see here.
For SciFi, see here.
For Moroccan literature in English, see here.
Note: Manuscript painting of a library in Basra
in Al-Maqamat by Al-Hariri (1054-1122),
copied and painted at al-Wasili in Baghdad (1236).
Manuscript held in Paris, BnF.